The Minto Chamber of Commerce would like to thank the Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce for extending their supply of rapid test kits to Minto's small and medium size businesses.
As a service to Minto businesses the Minto Chamber will offer free pick up and delivery (to your business) every other Tuesday or Wednesday.
Please share this with other Minto businesses
What you need to know.
- Any business in Wellington County who employs 150 people or less can access this program.
- Fill out the "Order Self Screening Kits" report.
- Once order is received and packaged you will be notified by Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce. The Minto Chamber of Commerce will be picking up your order and delivering it to your business every other Tuesday or Wednesday starting May 18th - 19th OR you can pick your order up yourself at 245 St David St N, Fergus at your confirmed pick up time.
- Order Self-Screening Kits & Masks. Each company should assign a Screening Supervisor Designate , who will be the contact person.
- If you have multiple businesses, please fill out one form per business.
What is the cost?
There is no cost to participate in this program.
Disposal of used test kits.
The kits, after use, are designated as bio-hazardous waste. Some businesses may have the ability to dispose of this but if that is not the case, we have coordinated the appropriate disposal bin and waste protocol and you will be able to drop off your used kits to the distribution centre at certain times. The waste part of the process does come with a cost to us, and as such, we are inviting businesses who are able to pay-what-you-can for disposal and/or sponsor the program. Please consider supporting us as we support the businesses of Wellington County. For more details, click here or email Sally at email@example.com.
What is required of the employer?
To participate in this program, you must:
- Agree to all of the program terms and conditions.
- Designate a Supervisor in your organization to oversee and help perform the screenings.
- Report all of your results on our portal here, at least once per week.
- This information will be sent to the Ministry of Health but has no personal information regarding test results.
Who is screened and how often?
- These screens are for asymptomatic employees only. No one showing any symptom of COVID-19 should use this screen. Anyone showing any symptoms of COVID-19 must immediately contact public health to get a PCR test.
- It is recommended that each employee is screened 2x per week.
- Please note that these screens are for employees only, and cannot be ordered or used for personal purposes.
Who can perform the screens on employees?
- The Ontario Government authorizes “self” screening for these kits. However, there is a requirement that screenings are supervised by a Screening Supervisor. .
- Employees must do their own screenings; no one should perform a screening on anyone else. The Screening Supervisor is present during the screenings to instruct employees and ensure the procedure is followed for an accurate result.